
When the deep waters of dieting (I hate that term) are dragging me down the one thing that saves me is keeping an account of what I eat. I am not a fan of counting calories or becoming obsessed with every little thing that enters my mouth. I spent too many years listening to this or that roommate list everything they ate that day, Ugh!
However, I HAVE found that when I am righting down everything I consume I am more particular about what I eat. I can't sneak. My food diary is sitting there saying, "You eat this or drink that and it will be forever recorded... indelible." On the other hand if I put good things in my body, "Hooray, I get to record the healthy foods I ate and that I drank a gallon of water today!" It's wonderful. Not to mention if something is wrong with me I can take my journal to my Dr. and he can have an extra hint into what's going on with my body. It's like keeping a mileage log for my body.
You can also discover things about your body that you didn't know. My husband did this when he lost 100 lbs. and he found out that bananas are a trigger food for him. When he eats bananas he doesn't lose weight. Who knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment