Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Food Binge

On Monday I went a little crazy making baby food. I wasn't able to finish freezing it all until yesterday. My baby will be happy to know that he has more of a variety to choose from now. I think bananas and rice cereal were getting a little old. Speaking of rice cereal... I found this really simple recipe on line. It's made with 1/4 C brown rice or 3 T millet and a cup of water. I have only tried it with rice. I bought a coffee grinder for around $12 to grind up the rice and a very large bag of rice is CHEAP so I was really glad to find an alternative to the boxed baby cereals.
I can't believe that I bought all of my baby food with the first two! #1 It is so expensive! We did have more money when my first two were babies but it's always a good time to save money. #2 It tastes so much better. I snuck tiny tastes of the girls baby food and it was gross, cereal too. With the homemade stuff I don't mind cleaning off their spoon. That's gotta be better for the baby too. Next step: finding some good recipes and combos once he's had a good sampling of plain fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment