Thursday, March 31, 2011

Month's End: My favorite Seuss





Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) once said, "kids can see a moral coming a mile off" and therefore did not usually include a moral in his stories. The one thing he stuck to through out was his sense of fun. Kids love made up words, animals, etc. That's all I need is something to help my kids imaginations to grow! (and even though I said that with sarcasm due to the extra work imagination can cause a parent I really DO want their imaginations to grow!!!)

However, I'm a sucker for a moral. My favorites all seem to be the ones that did attempt to teach us something...
  1. Perseverence: hard work pays off in the end.
  2. Don't judge others, don't think that you are better or that you can buy your way into being better. We will all be happier for it.
  3. Respect the earth and her creatures or it won't be a very nice place to live.
  4. and finally life is a journey with lots of ups and downs. Don't get caught waiting for things to happen to you, go out and move mountains!
Of course, that's my quickly formulated generalized conclusion. PLEASE read these books and form your own opinion. They are all great!

No comments:

Post a Comment