
These are my two absolute favorite Eloise Wilkin illustrated books. These were my books when I was little and they have been very well loved.

"We Like Kindergarten" goes through all of the many things a child might do at kindergarten and can also be reassuring to the child who is going to start kindergarten soon. But really, the charm of this book is in the pictures. The children fingerpaint, make clay animals, swing at the playground, play music, drink milk (Jackie doesn't finish his. It spilled), rest on their own rugs and say goodbye to Mrs Hall.

When Carol leaves for kindergarten her little sister Laurie wants to go too, so do the pets and the stuffed animals. When Carol gets home she puts on kinderegarten for everyone at home. I love this because I did lots of role playing as a child and now I watch my daughter get home from school and do the same things.

"Where Did the Baby Go?" is my absolute favorite. I love the details. I love how it reminds me of my early childhood in the late 70's early 80's when there was a revival of these styles.

I LOVE this house. If I could find the interior of this house I would buy it.

A little girl finds a picture of a baby and wonders where the baby has gone. She asks her mother who tells her she knows this baby and see's her everyday. The little girl looks all over the house.

She finds lots of things but no baby. Finally she finds the hat the baby was wearing in the picture. She tries it on and realizes that SHE is the baby, just a few years older. She runs and tells her mother that she knows where the baby went.

"You do?" says the mother, "Where is she?" "Here I am" and she jumps into her mothers arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment