
Katie Couric interviews Ashley Merryman (co-author of Nurtureshock) & Liz Gumbinner (author of the blog mom-101)
I read this book a few months ago and LOVED it. How often is a parenting book a page-turner? I literally could not put this book down. I think it took me 2-3 days to read it.
The authors discuss the science behind lying, bullies, cross-racial friendships and why they are less common in more integrated schools, why we shouldn't say "You're so smart", and much more! Much of the information introduced goes against what we have been led to believe about good parenting. Very interesting material, Highly recommended.
If you want to put this on your "to read" list but don't think you'll get to it for a while please check out the link above. It's a 30 minute video but very good. It will further peak your interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment