I chose to have Kevin Henkes (pronounced HENK-us, I've been saying it wrong for years) as our author this month because I feel like many of his pictures are full of springtime. Kevin grew up in Racine, WI and now lives in Madison with his wife and two children. He grew up wanting to be an artist. When he was in High school he gained a love of writing as well. His first book was published in 1981 and he is still going strong.He has been a favorite of my girls since we discovered "Kitten's First Full Moon" at the library and after renewing the max amount of times decided we had to add it to our own library. We have since added many of his other books as well. He has also written novels but we are going to focus on his picture books.
If you would like a glimpse of Kevin Henkes creating his latest book "Little Rabbit" there is a video that is short and sweet!
We love Kevin Henkes, too. (And if I'm remembering right, it's thanks to you that we discovered Kitten's First Full Moon, which we love.) One of my favorite Kevin Henkes books is "Julius, the Baby of the World," although I won't read it to Aaron for fear of him repeating some of the rude things Lilly says. But, oh my goodness, it sure makes ME laugh!
ReplyDelete